Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursdays...

Three weeks ago, a coworker, friend, and parent of one of my students and I came up with a great idea. I was going to start taking her son home from school with me on Thursday and to Hickory that evening for Special Olympics swim practice. It really took a LOT of cohersion to get Hunter (my student) to go along with this plan... but finally, the idea that John was gone and I was completely lonely every evening got the best of him and he just could not allow me to be lonely any longer:)

The first week was pretty rough - a lot of crying and reminders that his mom and dad really would be there to pick him up from swim practice and I was really not going to keep him forever... but Dina and Dudley won him over and pretty soon he was very happy with his decision to keep me company for one evening each week!













Despite the fact that my hair and face are totally greasy right now from being touched, hugged, rubbed, and kissed - I had such a fun night out :)

Let's just say that Thursdays have totally become my favorite night of the week! I LOVE that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment