Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard Pics!!!

Well, within the past week, we have had over 40 inches of snow here!!!! I have not seen this much snow in such a long time and let me tell you the dogs LOVE it! Here is a little picture progression of our week of snow . . .
As the snow started, my mom and dad bedded down in a hotel in Baltimore about 1 mile from the hospital. We knew that they would not be able to drive from our house to the hospital, so we hoped that they would at least be able to walk there if needed.Back in PA, we started the snow removal process. We had to keep the deck clear so that the dogs could have a place run outside to go to the bathroom. My parents older dog will go to the bathroom on the deck if it is covered with snow.

This is what the front of our house looked like 2 days later. We were completely snowed in!!! My dad called and told us that he wanted us to attempt to shovel out the cars. So, I got ready to head out . . .




After just a short bit, I called my dad and asked him how he expected me to do this!! It was like an impossible task!


But, after a lot of hard work and determination, here was my final product! I was so proud of myself.


In the end, I think we had about 25 inches of snow in those two days. Then, two days later, the snow started again! This time, the doctor gave us permission to give mom her shot from the house so we did not have to drive up to the hospital. As we shoveled, played, and shoveled, the inside crowd watched HGTV, TLC, and the food network:)


Here is my dad ON TOP OF OUR POOL!!!

The most fun part of this blizzard was helping the dog forge trails in the snow! They wanted to run in the snow, but it came up over their head. So, we walked around the yard to create trails for them. Here are some of our play pics:)

I had to throw poor Dina into the snow bank just to see how tall it was!!! She would swim out! It was so funny.

This is my FAVORITE picture of my boy! He loved chasing the birds through the trails! He would run and then poke his head up over the snow bank like a meer cat to see where he was then get back down and keep running:)
Of course we would come in occasionally for some snow breaks:)





Here is me and Tootsie hiding in one of the tunnels and staying warm! The wind was crazy!

At the end of each play session, we had to actually bathe Kaylynn in hot water because this is what she looked like!!! The snow caked to her and made snowballs that clung to her hair!


Ahhh , at the end of the second storm, we had seen another 20 inches of snow! So, my dad is once again preparing to dig out the cars, the dogs are probably out for the night, I am going to make dinner and watch a little "Say Yes to the Dress", and my mom powers on while relaxing in the bed.

And one more piece of information . . . the weather forcast is calling for snow again on Monday:) I may never be able to get back to NC.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pics!!!! How awesome that you get to be snowed in with your family to make these sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete